Re: Confused about replication, please help

Also, watch out for the extra ,  in your binddn line in case that is not a type/paste-o

On Feb 23, 2008, at 3:08 AM, Dieter Kluenter wrote:
Rob Tanner <rtanner@linfield.edu> writes:

I'm trying to set up replication between my master and a slave.

In slapd.conf on the slave, I have included the updatedn and updateref

updatedn        "cn=Replicator,o=linfield.edu"
updateref        ldap://oberon.linfield.edu

I presume that the ref refers to the slave so I have entered the URL
for the slave which seems odd because you have to be able to access
the slave to get the updateref.  The other thing is that I find no
parameter in the man page for slapd.conf or googling for the password.

updateref URI refers to the master.

On the master, I have:

replica host=oberon.linfield.edu:389
This entry should include "credentials=".  If I've no place to specify
a password for the updatedn on the slave, what do I put for

updatedn is an entry on the slave, access control rules must allow
updatedn to write on the database.

Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung

Chris G. Sellers | NITLE  - Technology Team
AIM: imthewherd | GoogleTalk: cgseller@gmail.com