[Date Prev][Date Next]
Confused about replication, please help
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Confused about replication, please help
- From: Rob Tanner <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 11:55:57 -0800
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686 (x86_64); en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20071031 Thunderbird/18.104.22.168 Mnenhy/0.7.5.666
I'm trying to set up replication between my master and a slave.
In slapd.conf on the slave, I have included the updatedn and updateref
I presume that the ref refers to the slave so I have entered the URL for
the slave which seems odd because you have to be able to access the
slave to get the updateref. The other thing is that I find no parameter
in the man page for slapd.conf or googling for the password.
On the master, I have:
This entry should include "credentials=". If I've no place to specify a
password for the updatedn on the slave, what do I put for credentials?
Could somebody please fill in the holes?
UNIX Services Manager
Linfield College, McMinnville OR