Re: Caching queries

"Kick, Claus" <claus.kick@siemens.com> writes:

>  Hello everyone,
>
> Okay, I am confused now: if I specify something like this:
>
> overlay proxycache
> proxycache    bdb 100000 1 1000 100
> proxyAttrset  0 memberUid teamsiteuserrole uniqueMember uidNumber gidNumber objectClass
> proxyTemplate (cn=*,ou=Role,o=*********) 0 3600
> proxyTemplate (cn=*,ou=Group,o=***********) 0 3600
>
> That should cache queries? How can I see that the settings are coresponding to the queries?
> How can I see whether something comes from the cache at all?
>
> The only thing I see is:

Could you be a bit more specific about your requirements?
Although pcache can be attached to any backend, it only makes sense
when connecting to a remote server, that is either back-ldap,
back-meta and back-mysql.

> On a side note: Is there some hint book out there what indeces to use depending on what queries are being received?

You may run debugging mode pcache, but if you insist on a book:
http://www.dpunkt.de/buecher/2104.html

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung