Re: large ldap server recommendation

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

If your 2.3.35 servers can be accessed via a remote connection, anyone can crash them at any time. Is that considered critical?

Out of curiosity, can you point me at specific weaknesses in 2.3.35 that we should be concerned about? Are we talking about ITS#s 4923, 4925, 4938, 4966, or something else?

Is this something where they could only crash the server if they could get direct access to send malformed LDAP queries, or is this something that could potentially be abused through a third-party XSS-style attack?

Thanks!

--
Brad Knowles <b.knowles@its.utexas.edu>
Senior System Administrator, UT Austin ITS-Unix