Re: pcache configuration

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

> --On November 20, 2007 1:20:34 PM -0500 Nathan Morrow
> <nmorrow@spotswood.org> wrote:
>
>> I was running 2.3.34 that is the latest rpm with Fedora 7.
>> I just upgrade all the ldap rpms to 2.3.39.  Exact same results.
>>
>> I get this warning when I start the slapd daemon:
>>   Checking configuration files for slapd:                    [WARNING]
>>   bdb_db_open: Warning - No DB_CONFIG file found in directory
>> /var/lib/ldap: (2)
>>   Expect poor performance for suffix dc=office,dc=spotswood,dc=org.
>>
>> But that is just a performance warning.  No other errors logged (that I
>> have found).  Slapd just exits.
>
> Run slapd -d -1

slapd -d config should suffice.  I thought this was changed quite some
time ago: config messages resulting from errors that abort startup
should be logged at "none" level (i.e. whenever logging is enabled).

With -d config you should see what's causing the problem, and you could
help us fixing this issue once for all.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team