Re: Inserting ACLs in CN=config

Hello.

Howard Chu wrote:
> Christian Marg wrote:
>> from reading the AdminGuide and a quick search through the FAQ-o-Matic I
>> couldn't gather how I'd insert a new ACL between the existing rules 2
>> and 3...
>
> Reread section 5.3.6 of the Admin Guide. This has been documented for
> more than a year.

I took my time to read that section, for a third time. And no, it
doesn't answer my question. It does document how to change the second
rule - not how to insert a "2.5th" rule.

So it seems like I have to do an LDAPsearch to gather all the olcAccess
values, insert a new one between two of them, prepend the weight-numbers
to them and put them in an LDIF to replace the whole attribute. How
inconvenient.

bye
Christian
--