Re: some questions about syncrepl

On 10/9/07, Guillaume Rousse <Guillaume.Rousse@inria.fr> wrote:

> And you didn't replied to my actual question: among the four kind of
> syncrepl usage (delta vs total, search and persist vs refresh only), are
> some of them more robust than others ?

Hello,

There is no need to answer that way. There is a usual reply here which
goes by : you should always upgrade to the most recent. In your case,
down the 2.3 road, that'd be 2.3.38.

Now from experience, having the same patch level of master/slaves keep
me from more headaches. I know this is not what you want to do, but
beggars can't be choosers. If time allows, you could a test server
with the latest version to see if it does take your changes right, bet
it actually will.

There have been a few posts on the list about differences in syncrepl
full vs delta, you might want to take a look at the archives.

As for which, it all depends what you use on the side, if you use
Samba (as we do), it is recommended to actually use delta.

Steph