Re: some questions about syncrepl

On 10/9/07, Guillaume Rousse <Guillaume.Rousse@inria.fr> wrote:

> And you didn't replied to my actual question: among the four kind of
> syncrepl usage (delta vs total, search and persist vs refresh only), are
> some of them more robust than others ?

There is no need to answer that way. There is a usual reply here which
goes by : you should always upgrade to the most recent. In your case,
down the 2.3 road, that'd be 2.3.38.

Now from experience, having the same patch level of master/slaves keep
me from more headaches. I know this is not what you want to do, but
beggars can't be choosers. If time allows, you could a test server
with the latest version to see if it does take your changes right, bet
it actually will.

There have been a few posts on the list about differences in syncrepl
full vs delta, you might want to take a look at the archives.

As for which, it all depends what you use on the side, if you use
Samba (as we do), it is recommended to actually use delta.