Re: Automatic referral chasing

Tony Earnshaw wrote:

Some of the tests do run but some do not and I can't really understand the reason. I am using the rpms provided by Buchan on RHEL 3 U9. I can start slapd with any configuration which means (I think) that the binaries are fine.

Unless all the tests pass you have a duff product. Reading the test logs produced by tests that fail should help, but the log level is pretty high and needs some parsing.

That was probably intended, I never questioned the default loglevel of tests. Personally, I often run tests with SLAP_DEBUG set to the loglevel I prefer, usually just "stats". It helps pointing out real trouble, and then re-running with more verbose loglevel allows to get a deeper insight into issues. Unfortunately there's no level that's good for any test. In some cases, adding "stats2" may be important; in other cases, "config" is the real killer, as many small misconfigurations, which are valid for the parser but produce unintended results may slip in.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.
via Dossi, 8 - 27100 Pavia - ITALIA
http://www.sys-net.it
Office:  +39 02 23998309