Re: x-ordered extension doesn't work (openldap2-2.3.27)

Thank you very much for this suggestion and actually, until today I dig
into documents for some hours that I finally discovered I am
experimenting with configuration data. I am not smart as a lot geeks to
be able to understand (or google out) the Internet Draft is using
configuration data as example.

And it's very appreciated for you to not not point out the mistake but
also suggested what TFM to read (in this case The F** Meterial to test).
I am not in the office to test but I'll do it later and share my
experience with other new learners.

å 2007-08-17äç 17:08 +0200ïPierangelo Masaratiåéï
> I suggest you start with something simpler, like example data.  Working
> with configuration data may really put you into trouble, as there might
> be subtle side-effects that lead to apparently counter-intuitive behavior.
>
> For example, you should start from understanding how test042 works:
>
> cd tests/
> ./run test042
>
> look at testrun/slapd.1.conf for the configuration, and at
> scripts/test042-valsort for what the test actually does.  Then you can
> start slapd with that configuration and try some simple operations:
> ldapsearch, ldapadd, ldapmodify and so.
>

> >>      I. on SuSE 10.2, install openldap2-2.3.27-25 (official suse
> >>         package)
> >>     II. start the service by running /etc/init.d/ldap start
> >>    III. run slapadd to add the test entry given in
> >>         http://www.highlandsun.com/hyc/drafts/draft-chu-ldap-xordered-xx.html
>
> You're not supposed to run slapadd while the server is running.
>

> >> Note:
> >>
> >>      I. /etc/openlda/slapd.conf is not modified at all to give a pure
> >>         and clean test environment; default SuSE 10.2 openldap package
> >>         is pre-configured to work out-of-the-box;
>
> Unless you load the valsort overlay where appropriate, you won't have
> the desired feature.
>
> >>     II. The test entry is taken from Internet draft with only one
> >>         modification to replace dn suffix to dc=my-domain,dc=com which
> >>         is OpenSuSE openldap package's default value;
> >>    III. I tried to include the attached schema file to slapd.conf but
> >>         keep getting "Inconsistent duplicate attributeType" error which
> >>         seems to suggest definition of olcDatabase, olcSuffic and
> >>         olcDatabaseConfig are embeded in openldap source code.
>
> They are, no need to infer.  You are not supposed to muck with internal
> schema, most of all with that configuration specific.
>
> p.
>

> Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
> OpenLDAP Core Team
>
> SysNet s.r.l.
> via Dossi, 8 - 27100 Pavia - ITALIA
> http://www.sys-net.it
> ---------------------------------------
> Office:  +39 02 23998309
> Mobile:  +39 333 4963172
> Email:   pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it

éäèæïååäåï  http://www.realss.cn
Real SoftService      http://www.realss.com
éååè(Sales Department):    0086 592 20 99987 (Chinese, German,
English)
åéäå(International Sales): 0086 10 8460 6011 (German and English)
èçïåéååçæåïååäåæ6æ
éæïåéåå2312åäçïéç361005ï