x-ordered extension doesn't work (openldap2-2.3.27)

Hello.

In order to find a pure and clean test environment to let me experiment
x-ordered extension, this what I did:

     I. on SuSE 10.2, install openldap2-2.3.27-25 (official suse
        package)
    II. start the service by running /etc/init.d/ldap start
   III. run slapadd to add the test entry given in
        http://www.highlandsun.com/hyc/drafts/draft-chu-ldap-xordered-xx.html

joe # ldapadd -D cn=Manager,dc=my-domain,dc=com -w secret -x
dn: olcDatabase={1}bdb,dc=my-domain,dc=com
olcDatabase: {1}bdb
objectClass: olcDatabaseConfig
olcSuffix: {0}dc=example,dc=com
olcSuffix: {1}o=example.com
olcSuffix: {2}o=The Example Company
olcSuffix: {3}o=example,c=us

adding new entry "olcDatabase={1}bdb,dc=my-domain,dc=com"
ldap_add: Invalid syntax (21)
	additional info: olcSuffix: value #0 invalid per syntax

So it seems not working. No clue, clean environment. Can someone hint me
how to futher test?

Note:

     I. /etc/openlda/slapd.conf is not modified at all to give a pure
        and clean test environment; default SuSE 10.2 openldap package
        is pre-configured to work out-of-the-box;
    II. The test entry is taken from Internet draft with only one
        modification to replace dn suffix to dc=my-domain,dc=com which
        is OpenSuSE openldap package's default value;
   III. I tried to include the attached schema file to slapd.conf but
        keep getting "Inconsistent duplicate attributeType" error which
        seems to suggest definition of olcDatabase, olcSuffic and
        olcDatabaseConfig are embeded in openldap source code. Above
        test is done without attached schema included in slapd.conf.
    IV. Similiar test had been done on my usual testbed which runs
        Gentoo Linux and openldap-2.3.37, that gave same result ("value
        #0 invalid per syntax"), which motivated me to do this cleaner
        test in simplist environment.