Re: how to maintain OpenLDAP database ?

Dustin Puryear wrote:
> As noted by others, you can use slapcat or ldapsearch to perform nightly
> backups. If using ldapsearch, be sure your ACLs allow a full dump,
> including userPassword.
>
> Also, be sure to put into place log monitoring for slapd (and possibly
> slurpd if you are replicating) to watch for errors. We also like to do
> routine and automated LDAP service checks via tools such as Big Brother.
>
> How long have you been using OpenLDAP anyway?

Hi Dustin,

thanks for your response. I am just a newbie in openLDAP technology. I
need this for egroupware server which is
based on OpenLDAP for user authentication, storage of user and group
information and for LDAP based addressbook.
Hence I am looking for a solution which can allow me to do maintenance
and reparing of OpenLDAP bdb database.