Re: moving ldap database and upgrading

Augh. scratch that last email. That isn't what i meant to do. Here is
what I did (and meant it. ;-))

I stopped slapd, and tried to put stuff in the database:

maude:/etc/ldap# slapadd -v -l ldif

got no error messages, restarted slapd, tried to search on something
that should be there, but couldn't find it:

maude:/etc/ldap# ldapsearch -x "uid=ichbin"
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <> with scope subtree
# filter: uid=ichbin
# requesting: ALL
#

# search result
search: 2
result: 32 No such object

# numResponses: 1

Any ideas why I can't put stuff in the database? And any ideas why I
have to start slapd using slapd instead of /etc/init.d/slapd start?
I'm still pretty new at this stuff obviously...

thanks,
maria