Re: regarding backsql performance

> Why , when we use the back-sql , the search performance reduces.

Compared to back-bdb/back-hdb?  Because SQL databases can't hold a
candle to the performance you get via these backends.  They are just
faster.

> Is it because , all operations to database is through odbc manager

No.  And the ODBC manager has little to no effect on performance.  Your
specific ODBC driver does,  so it depends on the quality and version of
your ODBC driver.  And you should check that the queries back-sql is
generated aren't just slow.  Capture then and use EXPLAIN (or your
databases equivalent) to analyze performance [as with any database
application that seems too slow].