Re: slapo-chain

Thanks for the quick response, that did it.

I'm now getting an error that indicates that I dont have the last modified date on all of the attributes:

Apr 16 14:22:22 <host> slapd[9967]: bdb_db_open: unclean shutdown detected; attempting recovery.
Apr 16 14:22:22 <host> slapd[9967]: syncprov_db_open: invalid config, lastmod must be enabled
Apr 16 14:22:22 <host> slapd[9967]: backend_startup_one: bi_db_open failed! (-1)

lastmod is turned on, although I'm assuming this error is coming from previously modified entries (created in old versions of OpenLDAP) so I have to create that before moving on.

Thanks again,
--
Joshua M. Miller - RHCE,VCP

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
Joshua M. Miller wrote:
Is the slapo-chain overlay implemented in version 2.3.34 of OpenLDAP?  I
have compiled with:

        --enable-overlays=mod

support and I get an error on slaptest when specifying the chain overlay:

    # slaptest
    overlay "chain" not found
    slaptest: bad configuration file!

After reviewing the man page for slapo-chain it looks almost like I
should load the back-ldap module to support chaining but this introduced
another error so I'm not sure.

Is slapo-chain supported in 2.3.34?

Yes. There's no explicit configure option since it's tightly bundled into slapd-ldap, so building that backend implicitly builds slapo-chain as well. If you build backends as modules, you'll need to load back_ldap.la to have slapo-chain available.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.