Re: LDAP/BDB log purging

--On Friday, March 09, 2007 1:39 PM +0100 Manuel Molina Cuberos <manuel.molina@corp.ya.com> wrote:

4.5 would work too. although I'd personally prefer 4.6 if it is
released by that time. ;)

--Quanah

Hello!

I have followed the thread, because we're upgrading to the lastest
stable release of OpenLDAP, compiling from the sources. In the other
hand, we're doing this on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and we have linking
agaisnt db4-4.2.52-7.1.

Do you recommend compiling db4 4.5.20 from the sources and link OpenLDAP
2.3.32 agaisnt it ?

4.2 remains the fastest BDB release outside of BDB 4.6 that I've tested. I would, of course, suggest building BDB yourself, and making sure you have all the applicable patches that go with it.

<http://www.stanford.edu/services/directory/openldap/configuration/bdb-build-notes.html>

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITS/Shared Application Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html