Re: [ldapsearch -H ldaps:// -d 255] is not working

--On Friday, March 09, 2007 11:42 AM +0530 JOYDEEP <j.bakshi@unlimitedmail.org> wrote:

Dear list,

I am using openldap2-2.3.19-18 under suse 10.1 and it is wotking fine at
port 389 ( ldap://)
Now to secure it with  ssl, I have first generated a certificate with
Ca.sh script comes with linux.

then I have modified my /etc/openldap/slapd.conf as
TLSCertificateFile            /etc/openldap/myca/servercert.pem
TLSCertificateKeyFile        /etc/openldap/myca/serverkey.pem
TLSCACertificateFile         /etc/openldap/myca/cacert.pem
TLSVerifyClient never

I also modified /etc/openldap/ldap.conf  as
BASE    ou=Users,dc=kolkatainfoservices,dc=in
TLS_CACERT /etc/openldap/myca/cacert.pem

now when I execute *ldapsearch -H ldaps:// -d 255* it asks for
sasl_client_step: 2
Please enter your password:
after giving the manager password which is seceret it reports
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Invalid credentials (49)
        additional info: SASL(-13): user not found: no secret in database

could any one suggest what am I missing here ?

The -x flag to ldapsearch?

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITS/Shared Application Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html