From: Quanah Gibson-Mount [mailto:quanah@stanford.edu]
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2007 3:19 PM
To: Rajarshi Chaudhuri; openldap-software@openldap.org
Subject: RE: Slapd config for heavy and medium load

--On Thursday, February 08, 2007 3:12 PM -0800 Rajarshi Chaudhuri
<rajarshi@genesyslab.com> wrote:

> In both cases [a & b] - mostly writing than reading.
>
> There are multiple faq entries for bdb tuning. The thing I'm asking
for
> is a consolidated block in which if you can mention the parameters (I
> know most of them) and their recommended values (the values or their
> range is important).

If you've read the FAQ entries, then you understand, I'm sure, that the
values necessary rely entirely on your database usage patterns and the
size
of your database.  Therefore, no one can recommend to you what you
should
set them to.  What you can do, is take the guidelines already laid out
in
the FAQ entries, and apply them to your environment.  Or you could
provide
useful information, and people could come up with numbers to throw at
you.
;)

--Quanah

--