Re: cleaning up logs from bdb db and upgrading ldap

--On Tuesday, January 30, 2007 8:22 PM -0500 "Douglas B. Jones" <douglas@gpc.edu> wrote:

I noticed the that I am getting a number of bdb logs (log.0000000000 ..
210) so far for one db. What is the proper procedure for consolidating
these with openldap while keeping the server process running. We have
version 2.3.27, but plan on upgrading to 2.3.33.

See the options for DB_CONFIG. In particular:

set_flags DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE

The second question: is the best way to migrate from one ldap version to
another to slapcat from the old one and the slapadd to the new one? I
realize if I do this way, I would in essence have an answer for the first
question, but the first one I was wondering from a live point of view.

There's no reason to slapcat/slapadd between minor patch levels (2.3.27->2.3.33). All OpenLDAP releases so far have required slapcat/slapadd between major revisions (2.2->2.3, etc). Same thing if you change versions of BDB (4.2 -> 4.4 for example).

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITS/Shared Application Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html