Re: Reg openLDAP config

"shilpa muramkar" <ratnashilpa@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi:
>  We have a business case, wherein we need to add User Defined ObjectClasses
> and Attributes to OpenLDAP programmatically/dynamically using Java.
> We have an application which was written in Java uses Netscape LDAP SDK (V3
> Supported) to add ObjectClasses and Attributes to Sun One Directory
> Server. Now we need to extend our application to support OpenLDAP.
> Our assumption was, Since Netscape LDAP SDK supports V3 Protocol the
> application should seamlessly work with any Directory Server which supports V3
> Protocol (Correct me if I am wrong); but our applications is failing to create
> User Defined ObjectClasses and Attributes to OpenLDAP. We have also tried
> creating the ObjectClasses and Attributes using LDIF files and got the same
> error.

Your assumption was not correct, there is no requirement in RFC-4511
and RFC4512

> The Error what we have got:
> ldap_modify: Server is unwilling to perform (53)
>         additional info: modification of subschema subentry not supported
> Sample LDIF file what we had run:
> version:1
> #Usage Eg: ldapmodify.exe -v -F -h localhost -p 389 -x -D "cn=Directory
> manager,dc=company,dc=net" -w password123 -f D: \sample.ldif
> # user define attributes
> dn: cn=schema

With OpenLDAP schemas are written to cn=schema,cn=config, and the DN
contains a ordering quantifier and the schema name, like dn: cn={0}core
Please note that X-ORDERED 'VALUES' syntax is used to create odering

Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
N 53°37'10.08"
E 10°08'02.82"