Re: Installation Problem

Prachi Sonalkar wrote:
Hi,
You may want to verify what version of Berkeley DB do
you have installed on your machine, also the Berkeley
DB library needs to be in the path.
You can also debug the problem and the current DB
version being detected in the config.log file, and try
configuring again by specifying flags while doing so
(for example: env CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.4/include" \
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.4/lib" ./configure
)
server167# ls /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.4/
bin     docs    include lib

server167# pwd
/usr/ports/databases/openldap-2.3.27

server167# env CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.4/include" \
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.4/lib"  ./configure

checking for Berkeley DB major version... 4
checking for Berkeley DB minor version... 4
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb44)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-44)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4.4)... yes
checking for Berkeley DB version match... no
configure: error: Berkeley DB version mismatch

Also, thinking that the seemingly smooth installation of the db was not as smooth as it seemed, I tried to enable testing in the BerkeleyDB but got this error:

server167# cd ../db-4.4.20/build_unix/
server167# source ../test/test.tcl
set: Variable name must begin with a letter.

and that's after explicitly setting the path to the tclsh as suggested here:

http://www.sleepycat.com/docs/ref/build_unix/test.html
TIA,
beno