Re: Installation Problem

--On Saturday, August 26, 2006 3:53 PM -0400 beno <zope@2012.vi> wrote:

Prachi Sonalkar wrote:
Hi,
You may want to verify what version of Berkeley DB do
you have installed on your machine, also the Berkeley
DB library needs to be in the path.
You can also debug the problem and the current DB
version being detected in the config.log file, and try
configuring again by specifying flags while doing so
(for example:
env CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.4/include" \
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.4/lib"  ./configure
)

server167# ls /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.4/
bin     docs    include lib

server167# pwd
/usr/ports/databases/openldap-2.3.27

server167# env CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.4/include" \
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.4/lib"  ./configure

checking for Berkeley DB major version... 4
checking for Berkeley DB minor version... 4
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb44)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-44)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4.4)... yes
checking for Berkeley DB version match... no
configure: error: Berkeley DB version mismatch

I suggest reading the config.log created by openldap configure. That's why it is there. It looks like it is finding a header file for a different version of BDB before it is finding the 4.4 one. But of course if you read the config.log, you'll be able to see why specifically it is failing.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITS/Shared Application Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html