Re: slow cn=config changes; Re: Correct procedure to backup LDAP?

Eric Irrgang wrote:
On Mon, 14 Aug 2006, Howard Chu wrote:
I should note that for this specific example, you can also set readonly mode using cn=monitor, which has no particular impact on the thread pool, so it should take effect immediately.

Okay, that I don't understand. Are you still talking about putting the hdb database in readonly mode? You can do that from cn=monitor? Apparently I'm not up on my cn=monitor lore... that sounds like the magic bullet. Can you give an example?

Just issue a modify request on the readOnly attribute in a cn=database <x> entry under cn=monitor. It's much the same as setting olcReadOnly under cn=config, but it only affects the in-memory flag. I.e., it doesn't touch the permanent config at all.

--
 -- Howard Chu