[Date Prev][Date Next]
RE: Correct procedure to backup LDAP?
- To: <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: RE: Correct procedure to backup LDAP?
- From: "Mark Mcdonald" <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 09:13:07 +0800
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: Aca/0kV16sQEn0PLScuL30Xmi4hxvwANT/Fw
- Thread-topic: Correct procedure to backup LDAP?
> -----Original Message-----
> From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org [mailto:owner-openldap-
> software@OpenLDAP.org] On Behalf Of Jeff Grant
> Subject: Re: Correct procedure to backup LDAP?
> It's ok to run this while the server is running? That's my biggest fear
> I suppose.
It's always safe to run an ldapsearch while your system is running :)
However, as with any backup procedure, it's wise to choose your backup time carefully. You usually don't want to choose a time when you expect either heavy reads or heavy writes. The middle of the night either before or after any other scripts have run is always a safe bet.