Re: slurpd -d9 --- Invalid credentials

Let me repeat using different words which Howard and others have
already explained to you.

Password-based mechanisms require the client to knowledge of
the actual password.  That password is either provided by a
human or read from a password store.

Hashed password stores are no useful to a client as they, by
design, don't provide access to actual password.

Encryption of the password store is pointless security wise.
The decryption key would have to protected as it were the
actual password.

No OpenLDAP client, including slurpd, supports encrypted passwords
stores.

sasldb is not actually an encrypted password store.  It's a store
of actual passwords of multiple users.  Access to sasldb should be
restricted to the few SASL servers that need access to it.

Kurt