Re: ldap deadlock?

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On Tuesday, August 08, 2006 4:46 PM -0500 Curt Blank <curt@uwm.edu> wrote:

I'm looking for ideas here. ldap seems to deadlock once in a while
whereby it continues to accept connections as noted in the log file but
it does not return anything to the query, the query just hangs.

It's openldap 2.2.28 using Berkley db 4.2.52 as the backend on a SuSE 9.3
platform. All patches are up to snuff on the OS side.

What OpenLDAP backend are you using?  bdb? ldbm? hdb?

I'll note that OL 2.2.28 is rather old at this point.

Yep it is Berkley as stated above and I know it's rather old but in a production environment that is expected to provide authentication 24 hours a day 7 days a week, if it's working and doing the job don't upgrade it just because a new version is out.

If I knew an upgrade would eliminate this issue I would start the process of testing it. But each time I go to a new version it is not a clean easy process because things change or rules are now enforced that do not make upgrading an easy slam dunk, wham bam thank you ma'am, experience. We've got the functionality we need so we're not really looking for new features but that can always change rather quickly.

Mind you I'm not ruling out an upgrade, just have to know that it is really really necessary.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITS/Shared Application Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html