Re: Question about attribute mapping

Thanks, that sounds like just the ticket, I'll give it a shot.

cheers, erich

Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
At 04:25 PM 7/26/2006, Erich Weiler wrote:
I have the need for some attribute aliasing/mapping on
my OpenLDAP server.  When a client requests the return
of the automountMapName attribute, I would like it to
return the nisMapName attribute but with the name
'automountMapName'.  Likewise for some additional
attribute pairs.  Can my OpenLDAP server do this?
If so, how?

Yes. See slapo-rwm(5).

Or, can my OpenLDAP client do this (same build and version as the OpenLDAP server)?

OpenLDAP client do not provides any aliasing/mapping. But you can do such mapping outside of the OpenLDAP client using your favorite text processor... ldapsearch(1) output is, after all, LDIF.

Kurt

-- =================================== Erich Weiler UNIX Systems Administrator School of Engineering University of California Santa Cruz weiler@soe.ucsc.edu ===================================