Re: bdb backend - reliable or not?

> So, will it recover, or will it not?

It will.

> I'm confused, I use 2.3.6, and it doesn't recover. After reading lots of
> posts in this thread, I would say db_recover is needed after an unclean
> shutdown.
>
> Did you mean a recent 2.3 version (2.3.24 or so)?

I believe at least 18 releases occurred between 2.3.6 and the current,
which makes about one year.  If some of the most experienced OpenLDAP
users, including some of its developers, tell you it will recover, and
your personal less than 5 minute experience with a year old release tells
you it won't, who would you trust more?

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
Responsabile Open Solution