Re: openldap 2.3.24 segfault on startup

> I recently set up OpenLDAP as a proxy to an Active Directory server.
> Happily, this works just fine, and was quite easy to set up.  When I
> attempted to enable pcache however, slapd started segfaulting on startup.

Your configuration is incomplete; of course, an incorrect configuration
shouldn't result in a crash.  However, I note that this does no longer
occur in HEAD; either it has been fixed but not yet made into a release,
or the causes disappeared because the offending code was removed.  Code
pending release still exhibits the offending behavior; I suggests that you
check the ITS for notifications of this issue and, in case none is
present, you file one to make sure that the fix gets into the next
release.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
Responsabile Open Solution