Re: bdb backend - reliable or not?

--On Thursday, July 20, 2006 9:58 PM +0200 Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo@wpkg.org> wrote:

Matthew Hardin wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org [mailto:owner-openldap-
software@OpenLDAP.org] On Behalf Of Daniel Maher
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2006 7:55 AM
To: openldap
Subject: RE: bdb backend - reliable or not?

Do you have any idea where might we locate this special startup script?
:)

In OpenLDAP 2.3 2.3 slapd automatically recovers the database when
needed. There is no special startup script needed.

So, will it recover, or will it not? I'm confused, I use 2.3.6, and it doesn't recover. After reading lots of posts in this thread, I would say db_recover is needed after an unclean shutdown.

Did you mean a recent 2.3 version (2.3.24 or so)?

If you bothered to read the first email I sent you on this email, you'd note that I specifically said there were bugs in the auto-recovery feature introduced in OpenLDAP 2.3 in the early releases, and to use the latest release. Which you should be doing anyway for any number of reasons.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITS/Shared Application Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html