[Date Prev][Date Next]
RE: bdb backend - reliable or not?
- To: "openldap" <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: RE: bdb backend - reliable or not?
- From: "Daniel Maher" <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 10:54:38 -0400
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcasCKtbBP5GxNPqRiaJEa9HWy0utQAA7LAw
- Thread-topic: bdb backend - reliable or not?
Do you have any idea where might we locate this special startup script? :)
°v° Daniel Maher
/(_)\ Administrateur Système Unix
^ ^ Unix System Administrator
Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.
From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org [mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org] On Behalf Of Tomasz Chmielewski
Sent: July 20, 2006 9:59 AM
Subject: Re: bdb backend - reliable or not?
Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> Performance is not an issue here, databases are relatively small.
> What is important is the ability to survive unexpected system
I digged a bit in the mailing list, and found that OpenLDAP with bdb
backend needs a special startup script to recover from such situations.
Too bad it isn't mentioned, even short and briefly, in OpenLDAP Admin Guide.
My 2 cents.