[Date Prev][Date Next]
I am very confused with openldap terminology
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: I am very confused with openldap terminology
- From: "Gustavo Rios" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 16:10:34 -0300
- Content-disposition: inline
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; b=QJ22y3AsblukkgmTrVhuMQtZzhCmwVgr5E2wN1tf39TRrmLJ4b309y1oT7fXJkGThqvqrrAX4Z17cbIFrms9MKG1pQgU7XejSkl2pLXoypDx3CXxOaCIRUV0VBvtqvJtURrnZO7HT3kKfycWJyscT6PBqwcmhE/suxuRH9i4VcI=
i am really confused with openldap terminology, like in database and
Openldap manuals states there are three sections for configuration:
slapd.conf(5) says that database configuration procceds the
backconfiguration, but slapd-bdb says its definition should come after
a database definition. Who come? isn't it a backend definition and as
stated previously it comes before a database definition.
Thanks in advance.