Re: Object class violation additional info: attribute 'jpegPhoto' not allowed

On 6/15/06, Hans Schou <hans@mmmanager.org> wrote:

OpenLDAP version 2.0.25

This version of openldap is unbelievably old. As in years and years. You won't get a lot of support on this list for it. Sorry.

I have tried to follow the example in

This is the admin guide for a version of openldap that's only a year or two out-of-date. Far newer than yours.

In my hans.ldif I have a line with:
and some more copied from the example.

Then I run the command:
ldapadd -v -x -D "cn=Manager,dc=mmmanager,dc=org" -f hans.ldif
and get the error:
ldap_add: Object class violation
        additional info: attribute 'jpegPhoto' not allowed

Actually I want to add 'mail' or 'mailLocalAddress' but they give same
error. I have gone trough /usr/share/openldap/schema/misc.schema and it
looks like I have this 'mailLocalAddress'.

slapd.conf do include misc.schema.

If I remove the line with 'jpegPhoto' everything is fine.

What is missing?

Maybe they didn't have jpeg's that long ago. Maybe the schema is messed-up.

BTW, there is a typo in the manual. There is two colon after 'jpegPhoto::'

Two colons stand for utf8-encoded values. Check with the 'ldif' man page. It might not be valid for your version of openldap.