Re: Object class violation additional info: attribute 'jpegPhoto' not allowed

Luca Scamoni wrote:

Hans Schou disse:

Hi

OpenLDAP version 2.0.25

I have tried to follow the example in
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin22/dbtools.html

Why are you reading the OL 2.2.x admin guide whhile still using OL 2.0.25?

You are right. But not much has changed.
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin20/dbtools.html
The example is the same.

Can I in some way let the system tell me which attributetypes I can use?
As I understand, if an attributetype is defined in a schema I include, then I should be able to use. And if slapd knows about which attributetype it can understand, I want it to tell me about it.
dn cn and sn is known attributetypes but mail is not, even that it can be found in several examples in the manual.

BTW, there is a typo in the manual. There is two colon after 'jpegPhoto::'

It's not an error it's a base64 encoded value...

OK, good.
(strange syntax)

/hans
begin:vcard
fn:Hans Schou
n:Schou;Hans
org:M M Manager ApS
adr:;;Smedeland 32;Glostrup;;2600;Danmark
email;internet:hans@mmmanager.org
title:System administrator
tel;cell:+45 22648020
x-mozilla-html:FALSE