Re: Object class violation additional info: attribute 'jpegPhoto' not allowed

On Thursday 15 June 2006 12:26, Hans Schou wrote:
> Hi
>
> OpenLDAP version 2.0.25
>
> I have tried to follow the example in
> http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin22/dbtools.html
>
> In my hans.ldif I have a line with:
> jpegPhoto: /9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAAAAAQABAAD/2wBDABALD
> and some more copied from the example.

Did you remember to add a single space infront of the following lines?

> Then I run the command:
> ldapadd -v -x -D "cn=Manager,dc=mmmanager,dc=org" -f hans.ldif
> and get the error:
> ldap_add: Object class violation
>         additional info: attribute 'jpegPhoto' not allowed
>
> Actually I want to add 'mail' or 'mailLocalAddress' but they give same
> error. I have gone trough /usr/share/openldap/schema/misc.schema and it
> looks like I have this 'mailLocalAddress'.
>
> slapd.conf do include misc.schema.

jpegPhoto attribute is defined in the iinetorgperson schema.

> If I remove the line with 'jpegPhoto' everything is fine.
>
> What is missing?
>

> BTW, there is a typo in the manual. There is two colon after 'jpegPhoto::'

That is no typo. It indicates that the entry is base64 encoded.

regards

Jonas Helgi Palsson
"Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO is the answer."
							-Erik Naggum