Re: problems with dyngroup on OpenLdap 2.2

--On Wednesday, May 03, 2006 9:49 AM +0200 agerardin@ariane-ingenierie.net wrote:

Hello
I'm currently using the 2.29 OpenLdap version for Windows and I'm trying
to set up dynamic group. Since I've seen no entry for dynlist overlay in
the manual for the 2.2 version I've just tried to use dyngroup as defined
in the dyngroup scheme.
For example, I have something like this:
dn: cn= group1, ou=groups, dc=ariane, dc=net
cn= group1
memberURL: ldap:///ou=people,dc=ariane,dc=net??sub?(objectclass=*)

The URL given comply to my scheme but the only way I've figured out to
test my group is to see if  members have token the proper security
settings and they don't (whatever the kind of members I try to put in).

dyngroup only supports "compare" operations. I suggest using the ldapcompare tool to see if your dyngroup is functioning correctly.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITS/Shared Application Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html