[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: number of slave ldaps a master can have
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: number of slave ldaps a master can have
- From: Moe <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 15:52:11 -0700 (PDT)
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=SXapbkpwjfsq8R4rcGQ323wZhNUNHxNfjZ7bGNLNuqNQFW4iMAGB3n2jmCztZVMzEIg+EIYv0i4N6wkCYbx3xOYqwV9gOyGpyld95Y5hWGVZ3s+3DJ+GUnucdT0+T/Z56oOgu62abOUVhX7MH1vf96QoV0ISYVQXlSj2d1LR/pA= ;
- In-reply-to: <0DDE4831CBEE60B3ADF3A31E@tribes2.stanford.edu>
Im currently using openldap 2.2.28 and i have one master and two slaves using slurpd.
Im going to start adding more slaves and it's expected to reach 80 slaves total.
Can i upgrade to LDAP 2.3?
Not familiar with syncrepl. How can it make the management of the slaves easier?
Quanah Gibson-Mount <email@example.com> wrote:
--On Wednesday, April 05, 2006 2:36 PM -0700 Moe wrote:
> Is there a limit on the number of slave slapd a master can have?. Im
> using slurpd and my replication enviroment is going to have one master
> and like 80 slave ldaps meaning that im going to have 80 entries in
> slapd.conf of the master for those replicas.
I would suggesting using OpenLDAP 2.3 with syncrepl or delta-syncrepl so
you don't have to track the slaves with slurpd... I think there is
theoretically no limit with slurpd, but your mileage may vary.
Principal Software Developer
ITS/Shared Application Services
GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html
Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. PC-to-Phone calls for ridiculously low rates.