Password encryption (crypt) incompatibility

Hello,

I have configured and installed a replica on an OpenLDAP 2.3.4 with --enable-crypt option.
The master is on another place on an OpenLDAP 2.2.x.

The synchronization is correct but we have a problem with password.

I can't connect in command line or in java with an user DN and password to my server. ( "invalid credential" ).
If i created a password on my own server with slappasswd and insert it into my entry and it works.

So is it possible that between version 2.2.x and 2.3.4 there is such an incompatibility ?

Maybe the problem is somewhere else...

Thanks for help,

Smoltok