Re: slapd circularity?

Ryan Lovett wrote:
For this to happen, do I configure SASL via /usr/lib/sasl2/slapd.conf to
use an ldapdb storage?
No. The ldapdb docs explicitly say never to do this. slapd has its own SASL auxprop mechanism built in and doesn't need anything else.
Which document says this?

cyrus-sasl-2.1.21/doc$ grep -li ldapdb *
Makefile
install.html
options.html

I couldn't find mention of this warning, but I could be looking in the
wrong place.

sasl doc/options.html:

built with SASL support, slapd uses its own internal auxprop module.
By default, without configuring anything else, slapd will fail to load
the ldapdb module when it's present. This is as it should be. If you
don't like the "auxpropfunc: error -7" message that is sent to syslog
by slapd, you can stop it by creating /usr/lib/sasl2/slapd.conf with:

   <pre>auxprop_plugin: slapd</pre>

which will force the SASL library to ignore all other auxprop modules.</p>

--
 -- Howard Chu