Re: newbie still: ldapdelete: why won't it.

Sorry guys I just don't get any of it, tried so many ways don't know where I am or what, a post of the full line to delete the entry would be the most helpful way forward, then I can see what is going on.

This is what I put together and it does not work.

ldapdelete -x -w Fl0Cabs
-D cn=admin,dc=shadshed,dc=com
"uid=jdw,ou=People,dc=shadshed,dc=com"

(all on 1 line I just split it up for post)

# jdw, People, shadshed.com dn: uid=jdw,ou=People,dc=shadshed,dc=com uid: jdw cn: Mark Worsdall objectClass: account objectClass: posixAccount objectClass: top objectClass: shadowAccount shadowLastChange: 13193 shadowMax: 99999 shadowWarning: 7 loginShell: /bin/bash uidNumber: 1010 gidNumber: 1010 homeDirectory: /home/jdw gecos: worsdall,,,,,,

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 4
# numEntries: 3

jdw@thoth:~$ ldapdelete -x -w Fl0Cabs -D cn=admin,dc=shadshed,dc=com "uid=jdw,ou=People,dc=shadshed,dc=com"

Delete Result: Internal (implementation specific) error (80)
Additional info: could not locate parent of entry

In message <43F3AC14.6090500@jonanddeb.net>, Jon Roberts <jon@jonanddeb.net> writes