Re: is there any document of the monitor branch ?

> Pierangelo Masarati <ando@sys-net.it> writes:
>
>> On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 15:17 +0100, Bjørn Ruberg wrote:
>> > What are, and what functions have, "Waiters"?
>> >
>> > (They are typically referred to as "cn={Read,Write}, cn=Waiters,
>> > cn=Monitor".)
>>
>> This should actually move under the "cn=Connections,cn=Monitor" branch;
>> it is the number of connections that are waiting to read or write data.
>
> Could you please elaborate?

I'm not so familiar with that part of code (I mean connection handling;
I'm familiar with back-monitor), so all I can do is read it and guess
what's actually doing.  The code loops thru all active connections and
counts how many are in the process of reading from or writing to a client.
 As a consequence, it continuously changes over time.  Typically, when the
server is idle, the counter gives one reader (the monitor lookup) and 0
writers.  I don't recall the reason this was presented by way of back
monitor; I think it's likely part of what the original (single entry,
do-all) monitor code was doing, and so it was preserved as is in terms of
collected info.  Try to query back-monitor wile running test008 and you'll
see some funny things...

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
Responsabile Open Solution