Re: Comparing OpenLDAP on Linux 2.6/Sol 10 [ was Re: Berkeley DB versions ]

--On Monday, January 16, 2006 7:42 PM -0500 "James F. Hranicky" <jfh@cise.ufl.edu> wrote:

If the Samba folks are dumping the entire database and caching it, it
just  seems to me to be another instance of their lack of comprehension
about how  to use LDAP.

Honestly, the smbd may only do that once, I don't really know. I'm not familiar with the internals, so a judgement on the Samba folks may be premature.

The Samba folks have proven their lack of comprehension many times over already. ;) This would just be 'yet another' instance.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer