Re: config backend and modifying cn=config

So it sounds like I can set the root DN for cn=config to something like
cn=config,ou=specialusers,dc=mainsuffix and create an entry for
cn=config,ou=specialusers,dc=mainsuffix with an attribute

authzFrom: group/groupOfNames/member.exact="cn=admin,ou=groups,dc=mainsuffix"

and then use something like the ldap backend to allow simple binds as
users in the admin group and assert the identity of
cn=config,ou=specialusers,dc=mainsuffix.

Does that sound right?  Does the rootDN entry need to include an
additional objectclass to support the authzFrom attribute?  Is this
something that should work?  Is this the kind of thing that back-ldap is
meant to do?

--
Eric Irrgang - UT Austin ITS Unix Systems - (512)475-9342