Re: BDB auto-recovery fileownership

> Eek, that was an awful incomplete post :(
>
> Problem:
>
> After a 'crash', OpenLDAP does a auto-recovery of the database
> environment, but it set the filepermissions of "__db.*" to root:root.
> Slapd runs as user 'ldap' and is therefore unable to continue after a
> auto-recovery has taken place. Manually changing the ownership
> to 'ldap.ldap' and restarting the service is required for the deamon to
> work again.

I haven't checked yet, but slapd should try to open the database, and thus
perform auto-recovery if required, __after__ giving up root identity and
assuming the identity indicated with -u (-g).  In case it doesn't, I think
it's a bug, and I recommend you file an ITS; but please verify this first.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
Responsabile Open Solution
OpenLDAP Core Team