Question about SLAPI_CONN_AUTHMETHOD

OpenLDAP-2.3.15
Solaris 9

I'm developing a prebind plugin so that I can do external checks on an id.
According to the documentation I can find on prebind plugins (mostly
Netscape Directory Server documentation, which is now RedHat's), after
successfully validating the client, I must set the SLAPI_CONN_DN and the
SLAPI_CONN_AUTHMETHOD.  I can successfully set the SLAPI_CONN_DN structure.
However, the slapi code in openldap does not allow anyone to set the
SLAPI_CONN_AUTHMETHOD (slapi_pblock.c, near the end of pblock_set()).  Does
anyone know the reason why OpenLDAP does not allow the setting of this
variable?

Darin Broady
dbroady@lexmark.com
Lexmark International, Inc.