Re: increasing cache size for recovery using slapadd how??????

bala wrote:
Hi All, I am trying to recover my openldap database using slapadd, fo that I would like to increase the cache size for faster recovery my DB_CONFIG file in database directory looks like this

DB_CONFIG

 set_cachesize 0 52428800 0
 set_lk_max_lockers 2500
 set_lk_max_locks 7500
 set_lk_max_objects 7500
 set_flags DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE
 set_flags DB_TXN_NOSYNC
#set_flags DB_TXN_NOT_DURABLE
 set_lg_regionmax 1048576
 set_lg_max 10485760
 set_lg_bsize 2097152
#set_lg_dir /opt/openldap/var/bdb-logs
# Set temporary file creation directory.
#
set_tmp_dir /tmp

I started my openldap server, but db_stat is not reflecting the changes

# db_stat -m -h /usr/local/var/virtual-data
264KB 48B       Total cache size.
1       Number of caches.
272KB   Pool individual cache size.
0       Requested pages mapped into the process'
address space.
0       Requested pages found in the cache (0%).
3       Requested pages not found in the cac

what am I missing, is there any other parameter need
to set
to increase the cache size, pls advice.
As noted here http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/893.html you must run db_recover in order for new cache size settings to take effect. Of course that's only needed for OpenLDAP 2.2 and older; in OpenLDAP 2.3 changing the DB_CONFIG file automatically triggers a db_recover operation.

--
 -- Howard Chu