[Date Prev][Date Next] [Chronological] [Thread] [Top]

Re: master ldap database is not getting populated

--On Sunday, December 11, 2005 8:01 PM -0800 Moe <moe_w90@yahoo.com> wrote:

Thanks for this clarification. I believe that i didn't recover my
database properly.   slapd was not starting. When this happened, i delete
all the log files and db__ and i did db_recover -v. slapd started after i
did that and when i did the search i was getting less entries as expected.
  Is there a suggested way of recovery that i can try ?


You are correct that you recovered incorrectly. You in fact made recovery impossible, and helped to corrupt your database. The "db_recover" command needs the log files and the database environment to be present to run recovery correctly. You should never, ever delete the (in-use) log files unless you are going to be completely reloading your database. Also, on OpenLDAP 2.3, there is no need to run db_recover manually. Simply restart slapd, and it'll recover things for you.

The best thing to do for you at this point, is to export the database on your slave via slapcat, and then wipe out your master and slapadd the database there.


-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html