Re: master ldap database is not getting populated

Thanks for this clarification. I believe that i didn't recover my database properly.
  slapd was not starting. When this happened, i delete all the log files and db__ and i did db_recover -v. slapd started after i did that and when i did the search i was getting less entries as expected.
  Is there a suggested way of recovery that i can try ?

  Regards,

  Moe

Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@stanford.edu> wrote:

--On Friday, December 09, 2005 4:41 PM -0800 Moe wrote:

> I created ldif file using slapcat. The ldif file has entries like
> entryUUID etc.. I removed those so that i can use ldapadd to add the
> missing entries. example: When i do
> ldapsearch -x -b 'uid=AHEALY,dc=local,dc=gov' '(objectclass=*)'
> i get back object no object found.
> when i try to add the entry i get
> adding new entry "uid=AHEALY,dc=local,dc=gov"
> request 2 done
> ldap_add: Already exists (68)
>
> This is happening with all the entries that are looks missing. I have
> no clue why this is happening. slurpd deamon is running and i know those
> supposedly missing entries are in the slave database.
> Any ideas why this might be happening?

This would generally indicate that the entries are on your master, but the
database is corrupted and needs recovering (or to be fully reloaded),
assumin gof course that you allow anonymous access to your entries on the
master (otherwise the serach result you got doesn't mean anything).

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer