[Date Prev][Date Next]
Trouble adding New entries to an OpenLDAP Server
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Trouble adding New entries to an OpenLDAP Server
- From: Andres Tarallo <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 13:02:12 -0300
- Organization: Universidad ORT Uruguay
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.11) Gecko/20050727
I'm about to migrate a directory to an OpenLDAP based server. I'm
running OpenLDAP 2.2.27 under SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 9.
I've obtain the data of my users from CVS file that I parse with a PERL
program, developed by me, people are loaded as InetOrgPerson objects.
I've added entries to the directory till I've got a problem with
national characters (spanish: á,é,í,ó,ú,ñ). I've modified the program
in order to get rid of them in the DN:, but I need to display the name
of the persons in full. So I added the display name entry in each
object, where I added the full name of the person (my program prints IE:
Andrés Tarallo). When I run ldapadd I get this error: displayName: #0
invalid per syntax. However in the grafical browser (phpldapmyadmin)
I've managed to create the an entry without problems.
I can do what I want with the command line utilities?, How? Thanks in