Re: Trouble adding New entries to an OpenLDAP Server

There is actually nothing OpenLDAP-specific about your problem.
You provided malformed LDIF (or valid LDIF of invalid LDAP
data) to ldapsearch(1).  displayName has syntax directoryString
hence values should be UTF-8 encoded Unicode.  As LDIF is
UTF-8-based, one can simply provide that UTF-8 encoded Unicode
directly into the LDIF.  Likely you created the LDIF using
some other character encoding/format.  If so, use a general
purpose transcoding tool (e.g., iconv(1)) to convert it to UTF-8
encoded Unicode before passing it to ldapsearch(1).  Further
discussion of how to create proper LDIF should be directed
to a general LDAP list (e.g., <ldap@umich.edu>).

Kurt