Re: Do overlays affect the speed of OpenLDAP?

--On Saturday, November 26, 2005 3:26 PM -0500 Brian Reichert <reichert@numachi.com> wrote:

On Sat, Nov 26, 2005 at 11:26:51AM -0800, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
Well, I would say it was correct if they were always loaded when you ran
slapd.  But since you have to specifically load the things you are going
to  use, I'd say no, this isn't correct.

Hmm. Are you addressing my assumption about speed, or my assumption about size?

At least if you build them as
loadable modules.  Even if not, they aren't enabled unless you configure
them in slapd.conf or back-config, so they don't tend to add much bloat.

This makes it sound like you're addressing the size issue.

If so (just so I clarify for my sake), let me restate my question
differently:

Is there a performance hit to slapd, if it's compiled with overlays
and backends enabled, but slapd isn't configured to use them at
run-time?

Not that I've experienced.

--Quanah

--